How to get admission in CAU Imphal
There are 3 (three) entry points of getting admission in Central Agricultural University Imphal.
- Through State Nomination
- Through ICAR AIEEA
- Through Self-Financed Seat
All the 7 North Eastern States under the jurisdiction of CAU (Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura) are given the opportunity to get admitted to CAU Imphal. Candidates can approach respective state departments of Agriculture, Horticulture and Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry for state Nomination.
- 85% of the total seats are allotted under State Nomination as per reservation policy of the concerned states
Post Graduate and Doctoral:
- No state nomination is there for PG and Ph.D. Program
ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission through National Testing Agency (https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/) from which during counselling candidates may opt for Central Agricultural University, Imphal as their University Choice
- 15% seats are reserved for candidates from all over India through CUET Entrance Exam strictly with ICAR reservation policy.
Post Graduate & Doctoral Program
- 75% of the seats are selected through University Entrance Test conducted by CAU Imphal and it is open for candidates all over India.
- 25% seats are reserved for candidates from all over India through AIEEA Entrance Exam strictly with ICAR reservation policy.
Self-Financed Programs which is open for all the candidates from all over India. University may either conduct entrance test or selection may be based on the AIEEA score. Self-Financed Program is available for both Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programs on selected disciplines.