About CA Kyrdemkulai
The College of Agriculture, Kyrdemkulai, Meghalaya is a constituent college of Central Agricultural University, Imphal, Manipur. College of Agriculture, Kyrdemkulai, Meghalaya, a constituent college of Central Agricultural University, Imphal (CAU-I), Manipur, college was established in the year 2015 with the goal of educating and training graduate students of agriculture from the North Eastern Hill states. The students trained from the college are expected to be the future leaders for developing and directing the region’s agricultural and allied sectors in a sustainable manner. These students will lead the farming communities of the region for enhancing their income and livelihood effectively.
The college is located in rural areas at Kyrdemkulai village, Ri-Bhoi District, Meghalaya about 9 km from the National Highway-6 (New). The college is 38 km away from Shillong, the Capital of Meghalaya, about 78 km from Guwahati, Assam and about 20 km from the College of Post-Graduate Studies and ICAR Research Centre for NEH Region, Umiam. The college is 30 km away from Shillong Airport and the nearest railway station is Guwahati, located 85 km away from the college.
- To impart quality professional education to the students from around the country, so as to nurture innovations, technological advances, disciplines and moral ethics.
- To incubate a spirit of entrepreneurship and develop professional skills among the students and other stake holders.
- To serve as an advanced centre in organic agriculture through innovative research, education and training.
- Promote farmers’ prosperity through enhanced farm productivity and profitability through promotion of Integrated Farming System and Natural Farming Systems.
- Sustainable Development through promotion and conservation of bio-diversity and agro-tourism.